I was over on The Makeup Honey recently while I’ve been trying to catch up on all the beauty blogs I read but have neglected over the last few months, and came across this great tag Sian created called the Lip Lovin’ Tag. I’m a huge fan of lip products so I thought it sounded like fun! In my interpretation of this tag, however, I slightly expanded the definition of “lipstick” to include liquid lipsticks and those types of products since I use those more often than traditional lipsticks.
So here is my answer to The Makeup Honey’s new Lip Lovin’ Tag!
1. What was the first lipstick you ever owned?
The first lipstick I ever remember buying is Revlon Cherries in the Snow. I’m sure I owned products before that, but I remember reading something about Cherries in the Snow and going out and purchasing it the next day. It is a beautiful color and I think I actually still have it in the back of my makeup collection for sentimental purposes. That was basically my gateway lipstick!
2. Which lip product has been the biggest disappointment?
This is an easy one: the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I had high hopes for them but ended up being very disappointed. I hated the smell, disliked the way they felt on my lips, and they were not as long wearing or transfer proof as I expected. I felt like they got all over my face! I suppose I’m not super surprised I didn’t like them as most of NYX’s lip products haven’t worked for me (besides the Matte Lipsticks. Those are wonderful!).
3. Which lipstick is your holy grail product?
This is a hard question to answer…I switch things up all the time but the one lipstick I always find myself going back to is the Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipstick in Touch of Spice. It is the perfect deep nude for my skin tone. It pulls a brownish mauve on me which I think is very wearable and flattering. And it goes with any eye look I put together. It is long wearing (which I love) and I find myself reaching for it all year long.
4. Roughly how many lipsticks do you own?
I would estimate around…30-40? That includes traditional lipsticks, liquid lipsticks, and lip stains.
5. If you could only ever have 3 lip products for the rest of your life, which 3 would they be and why?
(1) (MALIN & GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm – This is my favorite lip balm ever. I only really wear it at night or on days when I’m not going anywhere because it is quite thick but it does wonders for my lips. I always wake up with wonderfully smooth and hydrated lips when I wake up. Game changer.
(3) A matte red liquid lipstick – My two personal favorites are the Milani Amore Matte Lip Cream in Desire and the Rimmel Provocalips 16hr Lip Color in Play With Fire. Red is classic and always appropriate. And the liquid to matte formula just make it even better!
6. Matte or glossy?
Matte. Always. End of story.
7. Which is the most expensive lipstick you own?
I don’t have a lot of high end lipsticks or lip products, but I’d say my most expensive lipstick I ever purchased is the Lipstick Queen Medieval. It’s only $24 which by high end standards is not a lot, but it was a lot for me at the time. Once I become a real adult and have real money to spend on luxury products, a YSL or Dior lipstick is at the top of my list!
8. What is the cheapest lipstick in your collection?
I really love the Wet ‘n Wild MegaLast Lip Colors. I have three of them and purchased them for around $0.99 each!
9. What is your favorite non lipstick lip product?
I already mentioned the (MALIN & GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm which is my obvious answer, but I am also a huge fan of the Lipstick Queen Lip Liner in Nude. It works with almost every lipstick I own and does a wonderful job of extending the wear time of my lip products!
10. What non-traditional lip color would you love to see come into fashion?
Definitely blue. I’m not sure if I could pull it off, but Amber Rose sure looks awesome in it!
What would your answers to this tag be? This is open to anyone who wants to do it! And be sure to check out The Makeup Honey’s Lip Lovin’ Tag that started it all!